Decades of Experience Fighting for You
Motorcyclist deaths occur 28 times more frequently than fatalities in other vehicles, based on 2016 fatal crash data. To keep motorcyclists safe, we urge everyone to share the road and be alert, and we're reminding motorcyclists to make themselves visible, to use DOT-compliant motorcycle helmets, and to always ride sober.
After a motorcycle accident, you want to be sure you have someone you can trust to help you navigate the insurance claim process. The Anchorage motorcycle accident attorney at Banker Law Group, P.C. is here to do just that. Anthony Banker is a seasoned trial lawyer with 20 years of legal experience. He has helped thousands of injured individuals and achieved numerous successful settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Steps to Follow after a Motorcycle Accident
Even the most well-prepared, safest drivers in the world get into accidents. In some situations, collisions are unavoidable. When you are in a motorcycle accident, however, you need to be prepared for how to handle the situation.
If you are involved in a motorcycle collision, first ensure your own safety. Then, do the following:
- You should call 9-1-1 immediately following a motorcycle accident. Both law enforcement and medical personnel should be present at the scene to document the accident and care for any injuries sustained in the accident.
- If you have sustained any injuries, you should follow up with a medical professional to understand the full extent of the injury.
- Track any expenses you incur following the accident. This includes any medical appointments or costs related to fixing your motorcycle.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney Anchorage residents trust. Choosing the correct lawyer can make all the difference in the compensation you receive for the accident.
- Cooperate with your insurance company. You should notify your insurance company of the accident and answer any questions they have regarding the accident.
- Refrain from speaking to the other party's insurance provider. Though you should cooperate with your own insurance company, you do not have to speak with an adjuster from the other involved party's insurance provider.
Staying Safe on Your Motorcycle
Safe riding practices, as well as cooperation from all motorists, can help dramatically reduce the number of injuries and fatalities on Alaska's highways and roads. It's especially important for motorists to understand the safety challenges motorcyclists face, such as size and visibility, as well as motorcycle riding practices, like downshifting, to know how to anticipate and respond to them. By raising motorists' awareness, both auto drivers and motorcycle riders will be safer sharing the road.
Still, you can be safe while riding a motorcycle if you adhere to the following:
- Wear the correct equipment (shoes, gloves, clothing, etc.)
- Make sure your helmet has a U.S. Department of Transportation label
- Obey all speed and traffic laws
- Never operate a motorcycle after consuming alcohol or drugs (certain prescription drugs included)
- Be aware of your surroundings; check twice for motorists who may not see you
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help?
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help in a variety of ways including:
- Investigating the accident
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Understanding and assisting with the complex insurance paperwork
- Helping you understand the process of a motorcycle accident claim and what your options are
Banker Law Group is an personal injury law firm with extensive experience in motorcycle accident claims. The insurance claim process is complex, but an experienced lawyer who is familiar with motorcycle accidents can help you get the compensation you deserve.